- Slovak Wirehaired Pointer
- Slovak Pointing Griffon
- Slovak Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
- Slovak Wirehaired Pointing Dog
Despite the nearly identical names, the SRHP is not the same as the Wirehaired Pointing Griffon, a smaller but similar breed with a slightly longer coat developed for essentially the same purposes by the Dutch and now most common in France.
In the original Slovak, the SRHP breed is known as the
- Slovensky Hrubosrsty Stavac (Ohar)
- Slovenský Ohař Hrubosrstý
In other languages, this breed is referred to as the
- Griffon d'arret Slovaque a Poil Dur
- Slowakischer Rauhbart
- Grifon de Muestra Eslovaco de Pelo Duro
At one point, the Slovaks who developed the breed asked the Weimaraner Club of Germany to recognize this dog under the name Rough-haired Weimaraner, but the request was rejected.